Job Title: Legal Secretary
Location: Dartford, Kent
Rate of Pay: £23k per annum
Are you a Legal Secretary that is looking to gain a work/life balance by working for a dynamic law firm locally?
- To ensure the smooth flow of documents and correspondence in and out of the department.
- To word process all necessary documents from hand-written notes or by transcribing recorded dictation.
- Scan, email and fax correspondence and documents as required.
- Undertake file management including opening and closing files, photocopying and filing all relevant documents.
- Maintain stationary and other supplies and provide refreshments.
- Answer the telephone, handling calls and if necessary routing calls and taking messages.
- Managing Fee Earners diaries, organising internal and external meetings.
- Support other members of the team in the performance of their duties
- It is expected that, in accordance with business needs, you will provide support to other secretaries in the department or across the firm by picking up work or covering at times when your work load is light or if one of your usual fee earners is away from the office for whatever reason or at times of urgent business need.
- Any other reasonable duties assigned from time to time.
Specialist Skills Required
- You must have legal secretary experience ideally within litigation position.
- Excellent IT skills in particular Word. Excel would also be useful, as would experience in working with a Practice Management System.
- Fast touch typing skills.
- Strong telephone skills.
- Fast accurate audio typing skills are essential.
Personal Skills Required
- Interest in legal matters and understanding of the need for confidentiality.
- A well-organised, careful, conscientious approach.
- Ability to work alone and as part of a team.
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines, planning time and priorities.
- Clear speaking and writing.
- Good grasp of the English language - spelling, punctuation and sentence construction.
- Enjoy contact with others, good social skills including tact, patience, understanding and persuasiveness.
- Smart appearance.
20 days holiday, 1hr 15 mins for lunch, free parking.
If you have all of the desired attributes for this role please apply today online.
Looking for a tool to help you with your job search?
Download the Swanstaff APP now for all our latest vacancies, career advice and more!
EMPOWERING PEOPLE WITH OPPORTUNITIES
Swanstaff Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.