Mechanical Fitters, Technicians and Mechanics! As the weather becomes warmer, allow me to heat up your job prospects with a hot new role that I have available in Pluckley! If you are seeking a challenging role where you are treated as an individual then I need to hear from you today!
If you have are experienced in the repair, maintenance and servicing of vehicles in the farming and agricultural sector, then you are the candidate I need!
The working hours for this role are flexible however we are ideally seeking a candidate to work on a Monday - Friday basis, meaning you get your weekends to yourself!
Job Title: Mechanical Fitter (Agriculture)
Salary: £30,000 - £34,000 per annum
The role of Mechanical Fitter:
- Undertake welding, fabrication, mechanical, inspection or machining work as necessary.
- Carry out and document Health and Safety checks as expected of the role.
- To conduct initial assessment of plant or equipment reported as faulty, identify root cause and formulate a remedy either as a temporary fix or full service repair as soon as possible.
- Ensure that repairs are undertaken safely and in line with approved methods.
- The most economical method of remedy to be sought on any occasion - ensuring longevity of the repair and equipment/plant is not compromised.
- Some repair and engineering work will be conducted in the workplace (roadside, field, on site or as required) therefore lone working practices may be engaged and codes of practice need to be complied with.
- You will be responsible for your own personal dynamic risk assessment and adaptable method statements will have to be engaged for workplace operations.
- You will be expected to work alongside and in harmony with others at the company workshops - some tasks will require team work.
- Workshop equipment will be provided for your use which must be kept in a clean, tidy and serviceable condition at all times.
- Keep working area/site clean and tidy.
- Paperwork must be kept up to date, including allocating purchase orders to parts ordered.
- You will comply with all Health, Safety and Environmental policies and procedures
Requirements of a Transport Coordinator/Planner:
- Experience in a similar industry is essential
- Experience in a similar role is essential
- Relevant qualification such as NVQ Level 3 is preferred
- HGV Licences desirable
- Full UK Driving Licence is essential due to location
- Experience in working on agricultural vehicles such as tractors is essential
If you're looking for a brand new role and want to head towards the summer with a brand new role, get in touch with Emily in our Head Office on 01322 479999 for more details!
Looking for a tool to help you with your job search? Download the Swanstaff APP now for all our latest vacancies, career advice and more!
EMPOWERING PEOPLE WITH OPPORTUNITIES
Swanstaff Recruitment is an equal employment company