Operations/Transport Planners, Coordinators and Routers! As we enter the New Year, I am looking to beat the January blues with a hot new role that I have available!
If you're looking for an opportunity to enhance your experience within a vastly-expanding and hugely-successful organisation then this is the role for you! If you are an expert in road/air freight forwarding and looking to continue your career in a role described by the company as super-progressive then I need to hear from you today!
As my golden candidate you will have experience in coordinating operations across the road/air freight industry. You will be confident in dealing with HGV Drivers and Warehouse Operatives, whilst developing your understanding of bonded warehouses. You will have a flexible approach to working hours and be able to take new duties in your stride in order to offer full support to operational processes.
This is a Monday - Friday role, however flexibility in working hours is required.
Job Title: Operations Clerk
Salary: £22,000 - £25,000 per annum
- Assisting drivers with the progression of their runs
- Communicate verbally with customers where drivers are running late or are held up on sites ensuring that conversations are followed up by email and any waiting time is communicated and charges applied to jobs on the Order Management system.
- Ensure that the jobs allocated to drivers are done so meeting the requirements of the Working Time Directive/driver hours regulation.
- Updating Track Trans daily
- Answer telephone calls and deal with requests being made from internal and external customers.
- Fully Debriefing drivers at the end of their day ensuring all paperwork is complete, PDA's are cleared down and the driver has presented all POD's
- Interpret the requirements of both internal and external customers, and to process & deliver on expectations.
- Liaise with warehouse staff to ensure the efficient running of warehouse operations
- Any other reasonable duties.
- Experience within a similar role within the transport sector is essential
- Experience in freight forwarding, particularly air and road freight is desirable
- Able to understand the customer requirements and anticipate change and plan responses
- Confident and articulate
- Good geographical knowledge
- Ability to provide clear rationale on decisions made
- Strong relationship skills and ability to build strong relationship networks of internal and external people
- PC literate with good working knowledge of MS Office packages and previous experience of working with a Transport system.
If you are looking for the next step in your career and want to continue into 2020 with a brand new role, then get in touch with Gareth in our Head Office. These roles will be filled quickly so get in touch today if you don't want to miss out!
Looking for a tool to help you with your job search? Download the Swanstaff APP now for all our latest vacancies, career advice and more!
EMPOWERING PEOPLE WITH OPPORTUNITIES
Swanstaff Recruitment is an equal employment company