Operations/Transport Planners, Coordinators and Routers! As the Summer draws to a close I am ensuring that the sun still shines with a hot new role that I have available!
If you're looking for an opportunity to enhance your experience within a vastly-expanding and hugely-successful organisation then I need to hear from you today! Perhaps you're looking to branch away from standard working hours in order to promote a health work/life balance? My client are offering Monday - Friday, 10.00 - 20.00!
As my golden candidate you will have experience in planning routes for HGV Drivers covering the UK, whilst working within Tacho Laws and Driver Hours Legislation. You will be able to build strong, trusting relationships with the drivers in order to effectively dispatch them on their routes whilst maintaining consistent contact with customers and clients.
Job Title: Operations Clerk (10.00 - 20.00)
Salary: £20,000 - £22,000 per annum
- Assisting drivers with the progression of their runs
- Communicate verbally with customers where drivers are running late or are held up on sites ensuring that conversations are followed up by email and any waiting time is communicated and charges applied to jobs on the Order Management system.
- Ensure that the jobs allocated to drivers are done so meeting the requirements of the Working Time Directive/driver hours regulation.
- Updating Track Trans daily
- Answer telephone calls and deal with requests being made from internal and external customers.
- Fully Debriefing drivers at the end of their day ensuring all paperwork is complete, PDA's are cleared down and the driver has presented all POD's
- Interpret the requirements of both internal and external customers, and to process & deliver on expectations.
- Any other reasonable duties.
- Experience within a similar role within the transport sector is essential
- Able to understand the customer requirements and anticipate change and plan responses
- Confident and articulate
- Good geographical knowledge
- Ability to provide clear rationale on decisions made
- Strong relationship skills and ability to build strong relationship networks of internal and external people
- PC literate with good working knowledge of MS Office packages and previous experience of working with a Transport system.
If you are looking for the next step in your career and want to head towards the summer with a brand new role, then get in touch with Emily in our Head Office. These roles will be filled quickly so get in touch today if you don't want to miss out!
Looking for a tool to help you with your job search? Download the Swanstaff APP now for all our latest vacancies, career advice and more!
EMPOWERING PEOPLE WITH OPPORTUNITIES
Swanstaff Recruitment is an equal employment company