Job Title: Operations Manager
Salary: £30,000 - £35,000 per annum
Operations Managers, Contracts Manager and Transport/Logistics professionals! As we enter the summer, allow me to heat up your job prospects with a hot new role that we have available! My client in the Heathrow area have a BRAND NEW position available to take full ownership of operations management across a new contract that is going to be a business-changer for the company.
As this is a unique and newly-established role within the business, the successful candidate with have a proven track-record in the management of warehouse and transport functions within general freight forwarding (preferably in the air freight sector). Outstanding people-management skills are essential for this role along with the ability to streamline and improve logistical processes to ensure the smooth running of the contract.
This is a huge opportunity to mould the success-rate of the a new contract and drive the business forward. The role will consist of Monday - Friday hours however the successful candidate will need to have a flexible approach to covering weekends, early and late shifts in order to meet the needs of the business.
- To ensure the effective management of warehouse and transport functions
- Support Transport Planners in the routing of HGV drivers
- Monitor HR processes such as rotas, sickness and holiday requests and recruitment
- Ensure complete compliance across warehouse and transport functions (including monitoring Tacho Hours)
- Manage airport security requirements for drivers completing air-side routes
- Maintain communication across multiple departments
- Liaise directly with clients to drive the contract forward and expand potential
- Manage import/export processes where required
- Manage staff effectively, striving to ensure efficient production levels
- Operations management experience (across warehouse and transport functions)
- Previous experience in dealing with HGV drivers
- Experience in a general freight forwarding background, preferably with air and road freight knowledge
- Understanding of import/export procedures
- Great people management skills
- Understanding of transport and warehouse compliance procedures and requirements
- Transport management CPC would be advantageous
- Flexible approach to working hours including early and late shifts and weekend work
If you are looking for the next step in your career and want to move into the summer with a brand new role, then get in touch with Emily in our Head Office. These roles will be filled quickly so get in touch today if you don't want to miss out!
Looking for a tool to help you with your job search? Download the Swanstaff APP now for all our latest vacancies, career advice and more!
EMPOWERING PEOPLE WITH OPPORTUNITIES
Swanstaff Recruitment is an equal employment company