Do you have a strong customer service background? Do you thrive in a pressurised call centre based environment?
Swanstaff are recruiting aPatient Transport Clinic Coordinator to work for our client based in their Head Office in Stone, Kent.
You will report to the Control Room Manager and be able to meet the demands of a busy environment. In this role you will be responsible for dealing with NHS trust medical staff, ambulance crews and patients who require transport, inputting internal administrative data and coordinating journeys with patients and clinics on their day of transport to ensure appointment times are met, ensuring that a high standard of service is delivered at all times.
As the successful applicant youwill havean excellent telephone manner, data input skills, be highly organised, perform well under pressure and be able to communicate professionally at all levels.
Due to the nature of the industry flexibility you will be required to have flexibility in your working hours when you may have to work additional hours or work amended hours.
- Calling ahead and speaking to the patient/clinic/driver regarding relevant journeys via telephone in a professional manner
- Coordinating patients on their day of transport; reassuring and guiding them as to their transport and appointment details
- Checking the daily planned workload and co-ordinating with relevant individuals about any identified changes
- Liaising with transport controllers and internal NHS staff to ensure delivery of a high standard of service well within agreed service levels
- Liaising with drivers and other staff members as appropriate
- Liaising with internal departments when required
- Accurately entering patient details onto the internal IT system
- Ensuring all the pre-booked journeys are entered correctly onto the system.
- Ensure excellent communication from start to finish of each patient event
- Keep patients updated at all times and advise of any issues
- Manage patient and trust queries in an efficient and professional manner
- Checking paperwork and dealing with/amending any errors
- Pro-actively managing patient problems to find solutions
- General administration duties
This role is 35 hours per week, working 8am-4pm Monday - Friday.
- Experience within a highly pressurised call centre, customer service, administrative based role
- Experience of a patient transport environment is desirable
- Experience of using internal IT systems to a high standard
- Ability to demonstrate a wide range of excellent communication skills, including both face-to-face and telephone communication skills
- Customer focused in approach and diplomatic in manner
- Proven ability to be flexible within an environment where priorities are constantly changing
- Ability to adapt their approach depending on the needs of the patients
- Previous Cleric experience is highly desirable
- Able to remain calm under pressure and demonstrate common sense whilst making decisions
- Strong organisation skills
- Able to work both individually and in a team.
- Must have excellent attention to detail
- Must be willing to work flexible shifts on occasion, including early starts, late finishes and weekends if necessary
- 28 days holiday per year
- Lunch provided daily
- Ongoing training and development
Interested in this role? Apply online today and a member of our Swanley team will be in touch to discuss your application.
Looking for a tool to help you with your job search? Download the Swanstaff APP now for all our latest vacancies, career advice and more!
EMPOWERING PEOPLE WITH OPPORTUNITIES
Swanstaff Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.