Swanstaff Recruitment is an award winning agency working on behalf of its prestigious client inloanindustry.
We are looking for an exceptional individual to join thecompany as a PHP Developer on permanenet and full time basis.
As a PHP Developer, your main responsibility is for the production, modification and maintenance of back end applications.This involves working closely with Website Developers and designers, to ensure the website and applications are built as specified.
You'll also work closely with the UAT Coordinator to test your server-side code. Your focus will be on team goals, customer value and looking at the bigger picture.
Duties & responsibilities
- Helping to build functional requirements, technical design and implement application features
- Field questions and solve problems for user support and client services
- Participate in design and code reviews
- Integration of user-facing elements developed by the Website Developers, with server side logic
- Building reusable code and libraries for future use
- Optimisation of code for maximum speed and scalability
- Implementation of efficient, secure and scalable software
- Build and maintain functional apps for the business
- Building and modification of API's to enable system integration
- Reporting on development releases monthly
- Solve complex scalability, platform and integration problems
- Be actively involved in company projects, to ensure the Development function is actively promoted
- Candidates must be fully conversant in PHP development
- Must be conversant with both object orient and procedural coding
- Candidates must be fully conversant with MySQL database design, optimisation and development (not necessarily a full DBA skillset)
- Excellent knowledge of Integration and exchange protocols (ex. XML, Soap, Json etc.) essential
- A knowledge of application security is desirable (preferred experience with PCI DSS compliant systems)
- Basic Unix command line knowledge essential
- Experience working with GIT
- Competitive salary
- Annual/Quarterly Bonus
- Pension Scheme
- Private Medical & Dental Insurance
- Life Assurance
- 23 days holiday (rising to 28 following 5 years' service)
- Birthdays off
- Wedding/Civil Partnership Leave
- Perkbox Benefits
Apply now or call Tom Kurczab in our Dartford branch!
EMPOWERING PEOPLE WITH OPPORTUNITIES
Swanstaff Recruitment is an equal employment company.