Job Title: Plant Operative
Salary: £13 per hour
Plant Operatives! Are you looking for a role that offers long-term opportunities and potential career progression rather than being stuck in a dead-end job? Are you a self-proclaimed “grafter” looking to earn a fantastic basic wage? I am going to assist you into heading into summerby offering you a hot new role that we have available!
I am seeking professional, experienced and self-motivated site-staff to join an existing team of plant operatives and fully support my client within the recycling sector. As my golden candidate you will be experienced in site-based roles and carrying out physically-demanding duties. You will be confident in the use of machinery and have a genuine desire to work as part of a successful team in order to ensure customer satisfaction.
- To assist the site manager in controlling and co-ordinating the safe and efficient operation of the site in accordance with management instructions, health & safety and legislative requirements.
- To be aware of and conversant with, the relevant details of the permit, working plan and risk assessments as directed by the site manager
- To operate mobile plant in a safe and efficient manner, in accordance with group policies and procedures
- To ensure that plant and equiptment is maintained as specified and the appropriate records are completed.
- Optimise transport utilisation
- Be responsible for ensuring that health, safety and environment standards are maintained to company requirements
- Use own initiative to problem-solve
- Liaise with customers both face-to-face and via telephone to achieve the highest standards of service
- Work as part of a team to ensure maximum productivity
- Ensure a safe and clean working environment at all times
- CSCS card is desirable
- Experience of working in site-based roles is essential
- Experience in the use of machinery is preferred
- Experience in driving a loading shovel is desirable
- Excellent communication skills is paramount
- Strong team player
- Mobile plant licences are preferred
If you are looking for the next step in your career and want to start summer with a brand new role, then get in touch with Billyin our Head Office. These roles will be filled quickly so get in touch today if you don’t want to miss out!
EMPOWERING PEOPLE WITH OPPORTUNITIES
Swanstaff Recruitment is an equal employment company.