Quantity Surveyors and Estimators! As the sunshine disappears, allow me to heat up your job prospects with a hot new role that I have available!
If you're looking for an opportunity to enhance your experience within a vastly-expanding and hugely-successful organisation then I need to hear from you today! My client have a newly-established business within their group and are seeking a tenacious and experienced Quantity Surveyor/Estimator to ensure the company's development and success by identifying future opportunities.
As my perfect candidate you will be a quantity surveying expert with experience in the agriculture, drainage, or groundworks sector. You will have a background in civil engineering and have a genuine drive and passion to succeed in this role.
You will be working as part of a family-feel business in a friendly and challenging environment! This is a roaming position however there is a centralised base in Ashford should you require office support.
Job Title: Quantity Surveyor/Estimator
Location: Ashford (roaming across Kent)
Salary: £45,000 per annum + mileage
The Role of a Quantity Surveyor/Estimator:
- Manage and organise operations within the business, ensuring they are in accordance with applicable legislation and in the best interests of the company
- Gain a clear understanding of the client's requirements to ensure you are structuring the project correctly, to the correct timescales
- Plan and manage work schedules and procuring the necessary materials
- Prioritise work efficiently and use delegation skills to meet deadlines
- Proficient use of Gannt chars for selective projects
- Ensure all paper work and records of operations are completed with as much relevant detail as possible to enable the correct information is collated
- To be able to confidently read and interpret site plans, drawings and identify any variances
- The proficient use of CAD, site setting out/surveying skills
- Ensure effective communication, discipline and interpersonal skills are used to establish good working relationships
- Comply with all Health, Safety and Environmental policies and procedures, monitoring improvements that could be made to maintain a safe working environment
- Carry out all manual handling tasks as required
- Optimise business opportunities from networking events
- To bring in new initiative and efficiencies to enable cost savings and increase profit margins
Requirements of a Quantity Surveyor/Estimator:
- Driving Licence and own transport is essential
- Good working knowledge of CDM regulations
- Good working knowledge of forms of contract currently used within the Building and Civil Engineering industry
- Substantial experience within the civils/construction/land drainage sector
- Hard drive and passion to do the job well
- Have a proactive, problem-solving mind-set
- Confident and engaging management approach
- Good IT skills - particularly Word and Excel
- To provide strong leadership to your team and promote staff engagement and motivation
- Relevant qualifications would be advantageous
- Plant operation experience would be beneficial
If you are looking for the next step in your career and want to head towards Christmas with a brand new role, then get in touch with Emily in our Head Office. These roles will be filled quickly so get in touch today if you don't want to miss out!
Looking for a tool to help you with your job search? Download the Swanstaff APP now for all our latest vacancies, career advice and more!
EMPOWERING PEOPLE WITH OPPORTUNITIES
Swanstaff Recruitment is an equal employment company