Nurses! Are you looking to continue your passion for helping the vulnerable people of the community? We currently have a full time position available which offers at least 36 hours per week minimum as well as part time hours. This is on a permanent on-going basis.
Job title: Registered General Nurse
Rate of pay: £17.60 per hour
The role of a RGN:
- To be responsible for the total care of all residents within the nursing unit.
- To support person centred care and protect our residents' human rights by ensuring that all staff understand and meet our ethos.
- Assist the unit manager in taking charge of the care team on shift, allocating duties as required.
- To promote and manage the Gold Standard Framework (GSF) in end of life care. Ensuring that all residents have in place an advanced care plan to ensure that their final wishes are met.
- Administer and order medicines as required by residents and home's policies and procedures. Ensuring that all medicines are stored in compliance with the authoritative instruction.
- Ensure the highest possible levels of care in applied by supporting residents in all aspects of daily living including physical, social, emotional, spiritual and to place emphasis on independence, comfort and dignity.
- Work in co-operation with families, friends and members of multi-disciplinary health teams in order to maximise opportunities doe residents' therapeutic care.
- Engage in person-centred nurse care planning and monthly review of care plans.
- Identify and bring to the attention of the unit manager any perceived change to a residents' health or behaviour(s) which may require professional medical attention.
- Assist in the delivery of care for residents who are at end of life stages or who have progressive illness. Ensure full privacy and dignity is maintained for the dying and bereaved, in line with the home's policies and procedures.
- Answer calls system promptly, giving assistance as and when required.
- Ensuring all reporting and recording are completed within current requirements of legislations.
The requirements of a RGN:
- Valid DBS.
- At least 6 months experience in this role.
- A kind and caring nature.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Ability to remain calm in challenging situations.
If this role is of interest, please apply below. Alternatively you can apply direct by calling our Chelmsford Office on 01245 266888 or email us at Chelmsford@swanstaff.co.uk