Swanstaff Chelmsford is currently seeking Registered General Nurses for our clients nursing home based in Braintree, Essex. Our client is looking for two nurses to cover day shifts and one nurse to cover night shifts.
This will be on a permanent, full time basis covering 37.5hrs per week with over time available. Day shifts are 08:00 to 20:30 and night shifts are 20:00 to 08:30.
Job title: Registered General Nurse
Location: Braintree, Essex
Rate of pay: £17.60 per hour
One the best in the business, this is a nursing home that truly values their staff and the work they do for the 90 service users they have. It is a purpose-built home split up into 4 individual units. The Manager is a highly qualified and experienced registered nurse and staff benefit further from the flexibility of an in-house trainer. The culture of Kindness, Comfort and Respect forms an important part of all staff training, induction and supervision.
The Role of a Registered General Nurse:
- Assist the Unit Manager in taking charge of the care team on shift, allocating duties as required.
- To promote and manage the Gold Standard Framework (GSF) in end of life care. Ensuring that all residents have in place an advanced care plan to ensure that their final wishes are met.
- Provide a high standard of direct nursing care to residents, based on the assessment of care needs and in consultation with the residents, their relatives and the care team.
- Ensure the highest possible levels of care is applied by supporting residents in all aspects of daily living including physical, social, emotional and spiritual, place emphasis on independence, comfort and dignity.
- Administer and order medicines as required by residents and the home's policies and procedures. Ensuring that medicines are stored in compliance with the authoritative instruction.
- Engage in person-centred nurse care planning and implementation and monthly review of care plans or when required.
- Work in co-operation with families/friends and members of multi-disciplinary health teams in order to maximise opportunities for Residents' therapeutic care.
- Assist residents who have limited mobility, or physical / learning difficulties, making best use of aids provided.
- Identify and bring to the attention Unit Manager, any perceived change to a resident's health or behaviour which may require professional medical attention.
- Assist in the delivery of care for residents who are dying or who have a progressive illness. Ensure full privacy and dignity is maintained for the dying and the bereaved, in line with the home's policies and procedures.
- (Full Job Spec will be supplied)
The Benefits of working with Swanstaff:
- Paid breaks
- Paid NMC fee
- Paid DBS
- At least 5 weeks holiday
- Support with revalidation
- Partnered with three universities - Supports Student Nurses
If you're interested in this role please apply online now or alternatively please send your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and call Jodie on 01245 266888 for more information!