Swanstaff Recruitment are currently looking for an experienced School Caretaker in the Colchester area! Could it be you?
Job Title: School Caretaker
Salary: £10.00 per hour
The role of a School Caretaker:
Working for a well established charity providing direct provision for students with additional needs age 11-18.
The role is to provide general maintenance and upkeep of the school, grounds and décor across the property adhering to the Health and Safety protocols at all time.
- Conducting regular health and safety checks
- Regular liasing with Site / Facilities Manager to ensure planned site work is carried out and adhered to
- Reporting of any issues that may require escalation
- Ensuring safe storage of all wequipment and materials required for day to day maintenance including adherance to COSHH regulations
- Supervision of outside contractors visiting sites
The requirements of a School Caretaker:
- Previous experience of working with children with additional needs (desirable)
- DBS dated within the last 12 months or on the update service (essential)
- Previous experience working as a handyman / maintenance / caretaker (essential)
- Previous experience gardening, general building maitenance (essential)
- General knowledge and awareness of legislation and regulations (essential)
- Full UK Driving Licence (essential)
This role is available to start immediately for the right person and is temporary ongoing with a view to potentially go permanent in the future.
We couldn’t achieve what we do without our amazing teams. We believe in our people and want to ensure you feel appreciated and supported at every step of your journey with us. For this reason, we offer an excellent range of benefits as listed below.
- Competitive pay rates, Weekly paid
- FREE training
- 24 hour support
- Flexible hours
- Refer a Friend Scheme-get up to £200 for referring a carer or nurse to us
If you're interested in this role please apply online now or alternatively please get in touch with Hayley Willingham from our Industrial team!