Are you looking to work for a well-established, trusted company who are passionate about delivering an exceptional experience? Are you confident and have a drive to succeed in PR?
If you answered Yes! to the above then you need to apply right now!
The Role of a PR Account Executive:
You will ultimately be responsible for conducting the majority of the day-to-day account execution and administration. This includes completing all support tasks as directed to execute the strategies and activities as detailed by your account managers/directors, and ensure your accounts are well organised and structured in terms of time.
Main Responsibilities of a PR Account Executive include:
- Identifying feature opportunities, understanding the business issues or product requirements to sell in features and draft feature length copy as required
- Writing monthly activity reports, quarterly/annual client reviews and basic new business proposals, at least to first draft stage for the latter two activities
- Taking a brief from a client and writing coherent and factually accurate press releases and copy that requires minimal amends from seniors and clients
- Raising the standard of account management to ensure that all communication with clients - and all outgoing communication is of the highest quality
- Ensuring press coverage is delivered to clients in a timely fashion
- Taking ownership of meeting preparations, ensuring that all agendas, meeting notes, monthly reports etc. are produced, and liaising with manager/director on requirements for meeting
- Participating actively in meetings. For smaller clients all preparation should be driven by you. For larger pieces of business, you should play an active role in preparing for the meeting and in presenting elements
- Participating in presentations to existing clients and at new business pitches
- Understanding financial controls on all accounts, mark-up rules and budgeting procedures
- Contributing to new business brainstorms and responding to client briefs
- Developing useful and relevant business contacts.
- Negotiating with suppliers effectively and be capable of briefing designers, photographers, and printers in a knowledgeable and precise manner
- Developing a full understanding of how the media works in the particular areas in which you operate - the opportunities available, building relationships with journalists etc.
- Running the features programmes for all clients, identify opportunities; liaise with clients on suitable approaches and drafting of copy, as well as selling items in to media.
- Driving the media relations programme for all clients, controlling this area of all accounts, reacting to media enquiries and proactively looking for opportunities, working alongside managers/junior executives.
- Being completely coherent and competent in all areas of media promotional activity.
- Being proactive in all media areas for clients, constantly looking for opportunities where additional media coverage could be achieved above and beyond the client's brief.
- Making verbal approaches confidently to all journalists - consumer, business-to-business and trade - to sell in ideas and discuss opportunities
- Assisting in the organisation of events; ranging from workshops, photo calls, press conferences, training days etc. on behalf of clients
Job Title: PR Senior Account Executive
Location: Tunbridge Wells
Salary: Up to £24-28,000 per annum
Skills Required to work for Swanstaff:
- At least one years' proven PR experience
- Proven client handling and relationship building skills
- Ability to influence through effective communication
- Good writing and proof reading skills
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work flexibly and prioritise workload
- Team player with a positive attitude
- Proven experience researching case studies, writing, and running social media campaigns
This role will be filled quickly! So if you don't want to miss your chance to apply, send your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Alex on 01322 479999 for more information!
Looking for a tool to help you with your job search?
Download the Swanstaff APP now for all our latest vacancies, career advice and more!
EMPOWERING PEOPLE WITH OPPORTUNITIES
Swanstaff Recruitment is an equal employment company.