40000 - 45000 Per Annum Company Car/Travel Allowance + Package
Senior Civil Engineer - £45,000 - Kent
We are currently looking to recruit an experienced Civil Engineer for a specialist civils and structural engineering consultancy providing a full in-house design and consultancy service across all sectors of the built environment. The role will be based in Kent but will require travel to sites in Kent, Surrey and Sussex.
As a Senior Civil Engineer you will be involved in a wide range of projects both in terms of value and complexity and will work closely with the multi-discipline design team to deliver sustainable solutions to meet client requirements and expectations. You will carry out the design of civil engineering schemes including roads and drainage design, primarily for residential and commercial projects.
Job Title: Senior Civil Engineer
Salary: £40,000 - £45,000 per annum depending on experience
Senior Civil Engineer Duties:
- The position will be based in Kent office (near Tunbridge Wells) but will necessitate working travel to/from our construction sites in Kent, Surrey and Sussex.
- Be familiar with the requirements of the SUDS surface water management and develop schemes based on the SUDS hierarchy
- Organise works such as geotechnical site investigations to establish CBR values, infiltration rates, groundwater depths, etc.
- Undertake vehicle tracking analysis
- Undertake foul and surface water drainage design in line with the relevant standards, sewers for adoption, Environment Agency, Building Regulations, etc.
- Undertake hydraulic design and analysis with Causeway's Flow v8.
- Undertake Highway design (vertical and horizontal) and construction
- Undertake volumetric calculations with 3D models
- Liaising with Statutory Authorities for S104, S106, S185, S38, S278 and TTRO
- Undertake Floor Risk Assessments and Drainage Strategies.
Senior Civil Engineer Requirements:
- Ideally the candidate will have experience working on similar projects including roads and drainage design, primarily for residential and commercial projects.
- Candidates will need to be a recently Chartered or soon to be Chartered or Incorporated member of IStructE and/or ICE.
- Minimum of four years civil engineering experience
- Knowledge of sections S104, S106, S185, S38, S278 and TTRO
- Full UK Driving licence.
If you're interested in this role please apply online now or alternatively please give Marco a call on 07885975238 for more information!
Looking for a tool to help you with your job search?
Download the Swanstaff APP now for all our latest vacancies, career advice and more!
EMPOWERING PEOPLE WITH OPPORTUNITIES
Swanstaff Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.