Our client has a great opportunity based in their Swanley office to work with a growing finance team. You will be working as a Senior Management Accountant supporting the Accounting team in their responsibilities of managing assigned Project Portfolios. This role will mainly include supporting the Financial Controller with a portfolio being responsible for the overall delivery of all invoicing, credit control, creditor payment processes and cycles, as well as maintenance of the financial records, ledgers and day books.
Job Title: Senior Management Accountant
Salary: £45,000 per annum
Hours: 9am - 5.30pm Monday to Friday
The responsibilities of a Senior Management Accountant:
- Ensure compliance with contractual documentation and all agreed programmes and procedures.
- Prepare monthly management accounts and perform a review with the relevant Finance Manager in accordance with the agreed timetable.
- Prepare monthly balance sheet reconciliations in line with company procedures.
- Review the payments and bank instructions for approval.
- Prepare the annual operating budget for review and approval and process it into the accounting system.
- Prepare the treasury investment proposal.
- Prepare the quarterly corporation tax payments calculation and recommended payment for approval.
- Review and approve the VAT, PAYE, NI, CT61 and R185 returns ahead of processing.
- Undertake the company secretarial administration duties as instructed.
- Maintain the statutory books and loan note registers in line with procedures.
- Manage the statutory audit process, liaising with the auditors for the companies in their portfolio and compiling the statutory audit working papers for submission.
- Prepare the draft annual statutory accounts for review.
- Review and approve sales invoices prepared by the Finance Assistant ahead of distribution to clients.
- Undertake the review and approval of the monthly bank reconciliations.
- Ensure the continuous maintenance of the corporate calendar in respect of activities undertaken by the Accounting Team.
- Draft the end of year corporation tax computation for review and approval.
- Prepare interim accounts in accordance with the agreed calendar.
- Prepare dividend and loan note certificates.
- Support the relevant Finance Manager in the delivery of contractual financial information.
- Participate in the development of the finance function, team and systems.
This role will be filled quickly! So if you don't want to miss your chance to apply, get in touch with Alex in our Head Office today!
Looking for a tool to help you with your job search?
Download the Swanstaff APP now for all our latest vacancies, career advice and more!
EMPOWERING PEOPLE WITH OPPORTUNITIES
Swanstaff Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.