Swanstaff Recruitment is an award winning agency working on behalf of its prestigious client in accountancy sector whois currently looking for an experiencedSenior Manager (Corporate Tax).The role is full time, permanent and offering an excellent salary package.
- Planning the departmental workloads and, in conjunction with the Head of Office, ensuring sufficient resources are available to meet the varying demands of all clients and partners.
- The portfolio consists of a mixture of private clients, high net worth individuals, landed estates, onshore, offshore trusts, professional partnerships together with owner managed businesses and UK subsidiaries of overseas holding companies.
- Management of the corporation tax compliance responsibilities for the client portfolio and department including:
- Identification of tax planning opportunities for companies and their owners.
- Liaising extensively with clients in relation to day-today compliance and planning issues and opportunities.
- Ensuring technical competence and accuracy of the department's work through review.
- Adherence to statutory and other deadlines.
- Meeting billing targets.
- Monitoring time and recovery for the group.
- Reporting back to partners, the department provides support to the resident partners and partners in the London office.
- Identification of training requirements for self as well as team members and attending training courses as required.
- Monitoring response times to clients and partners to ensure excellent standards of service are provided.
- Staff management responsibility for the team. This will include recruitment, appraisal, objective setting, coaching, mentoring, development and performance management, as well as reviewing and solving technical problems raised by the team.
Education and experience
- Candidates will be ACA/ACCA or CTA qualified or both.
- Relevant experience in a general practice firm . The individual must have dealt with a range of tax issues appropriate to our client base of corporate clients. They should have relevant experience at Senior Manager level dealing with all aspects of corporation taxboth at compliance and planning levels and both from the point of view of the company structure and that of their owners.
- An outgoing, positive and enthusiastic attitude
- An extremely high level of motivation, ability and commitment, with the flexibility to work within a small office and a larger firm
- Will have previous relevant experience of working at least at Assistant Manager level as they will be managing their own portfolio whilst also being responsible for reviewing the work of the junior tax staff
- Will have corporation tax compliance experience
- Will be from professional services background
- Will be a confident communicator to both colleagues, partners and clients
- Professional training experience should have been broad based with exposure to a good range of clients in both size and sector.
Successful applicants will receive benefits package, including generous pension scheme, car , free car park and rewarding working environment.
Apply now or call Tom Kurczab in our Dartford branch!
Looking for a tool to help you with your job search?
Download the Swanstaff APP now for all our latest vacancies, career advice and more!
EMPOWERING PEOPLE WITH OPPORTUNITIES
Swanstaff Recruitment is an equal employment company.