Are you motivated by caring for others? Do you want to work for an organisation that really cares about their employees and clients?
We are currently recruiting on behalf of a beautifulprivately owned supported living home based near Bury St Edmunds.
They are currently looking to recruit a Night Support Worker with a genuine interest in working in a caring environment supporting young adults with learning disabilities and autism.
The Role of a Support Worker:
Reporting into the Registered Manager, the Senior Night Support Worker is responsible for advocating and providing person centred care and supporting staff to perform their wide range of duties appropriately and effectively, ensuring they can deliver the best possible care and support to residents.
- Positively contribute to the personal development of residents with both practical and emotional support.
- Deliver and contribute in a wide range of innovative and exciting recreational events within the home and wider community.
- Regular outings and trips and on occasion, extended visits and holidays.
- Contribute positively to care planning.
- Demonstrating a sound knowledge regarding nutrition and hygiene.
- Work in partnership with the Manager to ensure streamlined service delivery and consistent communication.
- Proactively participate in supporting the staff team.
- Attend and contribute positively to regular staff meetings and hand-over meetings.
- Contribute positively to the training and development of the staff team.
Requirements of a Support Worker:
- Passion for care with particular emphasis on adult services
- Hold completed Diploma Level 2 in Health & Social Care
- Experience of providing care and support to young adults, ideally young adults with disabilities, autism and challenging behaviour
- Competent written and oral communication skills to include computer literacy
Benefits of working for Swanstaff:
- Overtime available
- Extensive training packages with time rostered out of your work rota to attend.
- Life Assurance
- Staff meals whilst on shift
- Fully expensed off-site activities and trips to attend alongside our young people.
- Genuine career development opportunities for those who want them.
- A beautiful home and grounds to work within.
- Full funded DBS checks
If you're interested in this role, please apply by sending your updated CV to email@example.com or alternatively call Michelle on01473 558443 for more information on this opportunity!
Looking for a tool to help you with your job search? Download the Swanstaff APP now for all our latest vacancies, career advice and more! Interested in applying for this role? Apply online today and someone from our Ipswich branch will be in touch in regard to your application. We look forward to hearing from you.
EMPOWERING PEOPLE WITH OPPORTUNITIES
Swanstaff Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.