40000 - 50000 Per Annum company vehicle/travel allowance
Senior Structural Design Engineer - Up to £50,000 - Kent
We are currently looking to recruit an experienced Senior Structural Design Engineer for a multi-discipline consultancy providing a full in-house design and consultancy service across all sectors of the built environment. The role will provide you with the opportunity to design building structures across all sectors of the industry including Industrial, Commercial, Railway Environment, Healthcare, Education, Retail and Residential.
As a Senior Structural Design Engineer you will be involved in a wide range of projects both in terms of value and complexity and will work closely with the multi-discipline design team to deliver sustainable solutions to meet client requirements and expectations. Since the nature of the design and construction work covers a diverse range of disciplines, candidates will ideally have a wide knowledge of the UK construction industry and the sectors which operate within it.
Job Title: Senior Structural Design Engineer
Salary: £40,000 - £50,000 per annum depending on experience
The role of a Senior Structural Design Engineer:
- The position will be based in Kent office but will necessitate working from regional offices and travel to/from our construction sites nationwide, wherever the need arises.
- Stakeholder liaison both pre and post design will be necessary and you will be involved with schemes at all stages of development ranging in value of up to £7M (construction value).
- Experience of structural design software packages is essential although training in our specific packages will be given.
- Review supplied documents to determine clients requirements and highlight any initial concerns / observations
- Attend initial site meetings, progress meetings and hand over meetings
- Assist in the preparation of quotations
- Liaise with Directors, Survey manager, designers , design manager, project manager and client to ensure all details are considered during the work
- Work in accordance with CDM Regulations 2015.
The requirements of a Senior Structural Design Engineer:
- Ideally the candidate will have experience of acting as a CRE for rail related design projects, (although not essential)
- Candidates will need to be a recently Chartered or soon to be Chartered or Incorporated member of IStructE and/or ICE.
- Minimum of four years structural design experience
- Knowledge of the BSI and Eurocodes is also essential as is the ability to work in AutoCAD/Revit.
- Full UK Driving licence.
If you're interested in this role please apply online now or alternatively please give Marco a call on 07885975238 for more information!
Looking for a tool to help you with your job search?
Download the Swanstaff APP now for all our latest vacancies, career advice and more!
EMPOWERING PEOPLE WITH OPPORTUNITIES
Swanstaff Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.