Are you an experienced Sous Chef in the Sittingbourne area looking for a new role? Swanstaff have an exciting opportunity with our prestigious client in the local area!
Job Title: Sous Chef
Salary: £12.66 per hour
The role of a Sous Chef:
Supervising a busy brigade of 6 Chefs you will be creating a large selection of high quality ready meals. Using big steam-heated saucepans you will be required to make sauces, reductions, season and taste every dish to make sure the flavour is just right!
Hours of work are on a rota 0600 – 1400, 1400 – 2200 & 2200 – 0600
For the right candidate this role is due to start immediately with a view of going permaent following a succesful introductory period.
- Maintain daily logs / paperwork
- Ensure all members of the team are trained in all aspects of the role including machinery, following health and safety and all orders are completed on time
- Conduct 121’s
- Regular liasing with the Head Chef on the teams progress
- Ensuring all ingredients are of a high quality standard before use
- Work closely with other team members and sectors in a high volume kitchen
The requirements of a Sous Chef:
- A minimum of 12 months previous experience working as a Sous Chef / leading a team
- Food Hygiene Certificate level 2 dated within the last 3 years
- Experience of volume catering (desirable)
- Ability to work on own initiative
What do you need to think about before applying?
We couldn’t achieve what we do without our amazing teams. We believe in our people and want to ensure you feel appreciated and supported at every step of your journey with us. For this reason, we offer an excellent range of benefits as listed below.
- Competitive pay rates, Weekly paid
- FREE training
- 24 hour support
- Flexible hours
- Refer a Friend Scheme
If you're interested in this role please apply online now or alternatively please get in touch with Hayley Willingham from our Catering team!