Recruiting for Sous Chef’s for a temp contract in Colchester starting Monday 24th May 2021 working until at least the end of June. There is also an opportunity for a permanent role at the end of June.
Job Title: Sous Chef
Salary: £11.00 per hour
The role of a Sous Chef:
Hours of work are Monday to Friday 0600 – 1430 or 1200 – 2030. Some weekends may be requested which is paid at time & a half.
Working within a large catering facility in teams of 12 you will be responsible for the preparation, cooking and storing of all foods and ensuring the quality of the product complies with company standards at all times as well as meeting food safety and health and safety regulations.
- Management of the team in the absence of the Head Chef
- Communicate order requirements to the line manager.
- To complete all food preparation tasks as instructed and where necessary, assist with food service.
- To provide a first point of contact to our customers and deal politely, professionally, and efficiently with any queries and complaints, informing the Front of House Team Leader / Supervisor or Head Chef / Executive Head Chef at the first opportunity.
- To ensure all food service areas are cleaned down directly after usage and all preparation for the following service is completed.
- To ensure the correct use, storage and control of machinery, equipment, cleaning materials and chemicals, following safe systems of work at all times in line with company policy and procedure.
- Adhere to the uniform and personal hygiene policy as detailed within Company Induction pack.
- Comply with Company policies and procedures at all times.
- To comply with the Health and Safety at Work Act, Food Safety Act and COSHH regulations.
Requirements of a Sous Chef:
- A minimum of 12 months previous management experience
- Food Hygiene Certificate level 2 or 3 dated within the last 3 years
- Experience of Contract Catering
- Ability to work on own initiative
- DBS dated within the last 12 months or on the update service (if you do not have one, one can be applied for)
We couldn’t achieve what we do without our amazing teams. We believe in our people and want to ensure you feel appreciated and supported at every step of your journey with us. For this reason, we offer an excellent range of benefits as listed below.
- Competitive pay rates, Weekly paid
- FREE training
- 24 hour support
- Flexible hours
- Refer a Friend Scheme
If you're interested in this role please apply online now or alternatively please get in touch with Rosie Mcmullen!
Give us a call on 01322 618100