Not all hero's wear a cape! Do you want to make a difference to peoples lives? Our Client is looking for Support Workers to go the extra mile. Could this be you?
Job Title: Support Worker
Rate of Pay: £8.75 - £9.25
The role of a Support Worker:
- Providing emotional support to individuals and their families.
- Providing practical support for individuals and their families, such as helping with household tasks, personal care and paperwork.
- Supporting and monitoring their healthcare needs, including administering medication and temperature checks.
- Supporting them to pursue hobbies and interests.
- Supporting the learning of new skills or gaining employment.
- Teaching life skills, such as budgeting and paying bills.
- Helping with everyday tasks such as meal preparation, writing a shopping list, going shopping or maintaining their housing tenancy.
- Helping them to access community facilities and be included in community groups.
- Understanding their communication needs and adapting your communication to each individual, e.g. sounds, tones, body language.
Requirements of a Support Worker:
The ideal candidate will need to be flexible and passionate about caring for individuals. You will build good relationships with Service users, family and team members. You will have a vibrant and bubbly personality with a goal to achieve supporting individuals with learning disabilities, Complex needs to improve a service users quality of life.
- Level 2 Social Care qualification is an advantage
- Fantastic communication and listening skills
- Patient and caring
- Promote independence for the individuals as much as possible
- Confident and competent to work individually and as part of a team where required
- Flexibility is essential
- Huge advantage working with complex needs
If you're interested in this role please apply online now or alternatively please send your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and call Millie on 01992 641987 for more information!
EMPOWERING PEOPLE WITH OPPORTUNITIES
Swanstaff Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.
Looking for a tool to help you with your job search?
Download the Swanstaff APP now for all our latest vacancies, career advice and more!