Are you an experienced Support Worker looking to make a difference to the lives of the vulnerable people in the community? We have the perfect role for you! Check it out...
Job Title: Support Worker
Location: St Albans
Rate of Pay: £8.75 - £9.25
The role of a Support Worker:
- Providing emotional support to individuals and their families.
- Providing practical support for individuals and their families, such as helping with household tasks, personal care and paperwork.
- Supporting and monitoring their healthcare needs, including administering medication and temperature checks.
- Supporting them to pursue hobbies and interests.
- Supporting the learning of new skills or gaining employment.
- Teaching life skills, such as budgeting and paying bills.
- Helping with everyday tasks such as meal preparation, writing a shopping list, going shopping or maintaining their housing tenancy.
- Helping them to access community facilities and be included in community groups.
- Understanding their communication needs and adapting your communication to each individual, e.g. sounds, tones, body language.
The ideal candidate will need to be flexible and passionate about caring for individuals. You will build good relationships with Service users, family and team members. You will have a vibrant and bubbly personality with a goal to achieve supporting individuals with learning disabilities, Complex needs to improve a service users quality of life.
- Level 2 Social Care qualification is an advantage
- Fantastic communication and listening skills
- Patient and caring
- Promote independence for the individuals as much as possible
- Confident and competent to work individually and as part of a team where required
- Flexibility is essential
- Huge advantage working with complex needs
If you're interested in this role please apply online now or alternatively please send your updated CV to email@example.com and call Millie on 01992 641987 for more information!
EMPOWERING PEOPLE WITH OPPORTUNITIES
Swanstaff Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.
Looking for a tool to help you with your job search?
Download the Swanstaff APP now for all our latest vacancies, career advice and more!