Swanstaff are looking for experienced Support workers who have flexibility to go between various sites for the same client.
Job title:Support Worker
Rate of pay:£8.72 - £10.34 per hour
The role of a Support Worker:
- Providing emotional support to individuals and their families.
- Providing practical support for individuals and their families, such as helping with household tasks, personal care and paperwork.
- Supporting and monitoring their healthcare needs, including administering medication and temperature checks.
- Supporting them to pursue hobbies and interests.
- Supporting the learning of new skills or gaining employment.
- Teaching life skills, such as budgeting and paying bills.
- Helping with everyday tasks such as meal preparation, writing a shopping list, going shopping or maintaining their housing tenancy.
- Helping them to access community facilities and be included in community groups.
- Understanding their communication needs and adapting your communication to each individual, e.g. sounds, tones, body language.
- Working with other professionals, such as doctors and therapists, to ensure consistency of support.
- Analysing an individual’s needs and drawing up a focused support plan.
- Becoming both a role model and companion to the individual and uncovering shared interests, such as hobbies and outings.
The requirements of a Support Worker:
- You will need to have experience within an LD service or within Mental Health.
- You will need to have passion and be personable to understand the needs of residents. You will want to make a better life for someone vulnerable.
- You will need 6 months previous experience in this role
- A valid DBS
- A kind, caring and compassionate nature
If you're interested in this role please apply online now or alternatively please get in touch with Jade Wise!
DUE TO THE CURRENT COVID VIRUS, WE ARE COMPLETING APPLICATIONS VIA EMAIL AND PHONE. APPLICATION PACKS CAN BE COMPETED AT YOUR HOME AND THEN EMAILED BACK
EMPOWERING PEOPLE WITH OPPORTUNITIES
Swanstaff Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.
Looking for a tool to help you with your job search?