I have various opportunities for an experienced Support worker who has the flexibility to go between various sites working as an agency carer.
Job title:Support Worker
Rate of pay:£9.10 - £12.84 per hour
The role of a Support Worker:
- Providing emotional support to individuals and their families.
- Providing practical support for individuals and their families, such as helping with household tasks, personal care and paperwork.
- Supporting and monitoring their healthcare needs, including administering medication and temperature checks.
- Supporting them to pursue hobbies and interests.
- Supporting the learning of new skills or gaining employment.
- Teaching life skills, such as budgeting and paying bills.
- Helping with everyday tasks such as meal preparation, writing a shopping list, going shopping or maintaining their housing tenancy.
- Helping them to access community facilities and be included in community groups.
- Understanding their communication needs and adapting your communication to each individual, e.g. sounds, tones, body language.
- Working with other professionals, such as doctors and therapists, to ensure consistency of support.
- Analysing an individual’s needs and drawing up a focused support plan.
- Becoming both a role model and companion to the individual and uncovering shared interests, such as hobbies and outings.
The requirements of a Support Worker:
- Experience working with Children would be a huge advantage. Especially with challenging behaviour.
- 6 months previous experience in this role
- A valid DBS
- A kind, caring and compassionate nature
If you have compassion and patience to understand the difficult start children have had in life this will be an ideal role for you. Do you want to help someone grow to be a better person and to educate children to stand on their own two feet. Then please apply or contact me directly.
There will be opportunities to work as one to one care or within the services to support a group of young adults.
Please Call Jade for a friendly chat to talk about your interest on 01992 641 987 if you do not answer yes to the screening questions, you may not hear from us. Please ensure you have the relevant experience.
DUE TO THE CURRENT COVID VIRUS, WE ARE COMPLETING APPLICATIONS VIA EMAIL AND PHONE. APPLICATION PACKS CAN BE COMPETED AT YOUR HOME AND THEN EMAILED BACK
EMPOWERING PEOPLE WITH OPPORTUNITIES
Swanstaff Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.
Looking for a tool to help you with your job search?
Download the Swanstaff APP now for all our latest vacancies, career advice and more!