Calling Experienced Support workers with experience working within Learning Disability. You will be very hands on and be able to hit the ground running working with vulnerable adults.
Job title:Support Worker
Rate of pay:£8.72 - £14.51 per hour
The role of a Support Worker:
- Providing emotional support to individuals and their families.
- Providing practical support for individuals and their families, such as helping with household tasks, personal care and paperwork.
- Supporting and monitoring their healthcare needs, including administering medication and temperature checks.
- Supporting them to pursue hobbies and interests.
- Supporting the learning of new skills or gaining employment.
- Teaching life skills, such as budgeting and paying bills.
- Helping with everyday tasks such as meal preparation, writing a shopping list, going shopping or maintaining their housing tenancy.
- Helping them to access community facilities and be included in community groups.
- Understanding their communication needs and adapting your communication to each individual, e.g. sounds, tones, body language.
- Working with other professionals, such as doctors and therapists, to ensure consistency of support.
- Analysing an individual’s needs and drawing up a focused support plan.
- Becoming both a role model and companion to the individual and uncovering shared interests, such as hobbies and outings.
The requirements of a Support Worker:
- 6 months previous experience in this role
- A valid DBS
- A kind, caring and compassionate nature
Within this client you need to have purpose and be passionate about caring for people who want to be as independent as they try to be. You need to be encouraging and supportive in all aspects of living.
You will be working with a fantastic team of support staff who all want to achieve the same objective...Happy residents!!
If you have flexibility for day and night shifts, this will be an ideal opportunity for you.
Please Call Jade for a friendly chat to talk about your interest on 01992 641 987 if you do not answer yes to the screening questions, you may not hear from us. Please ensure you have the relevant experience.
DUE TO THE CURRENT COVID VIRUS, WE ARE COMPLETING APPLICATIONS VIA EMAIL AND PHONE. APPLICATION PACKS CAN BE COMPETED AT YOUR HOME AND THEN EMAILED BACK
EMPOWERING PEOPLE WITH OPPORTUNITIES
Swanstaff Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.
Looking for a tool to help you with your job search?
Download the Swanstaff APP now for all our latest vacancies, career advice and more!