Are you looking to continue your passion for Healthcare? Swanstaff are proud to be recruiting experienced and dedicated Support Workers on behalf of our prestigious client in the Norwich area.
Job title: Support Worker
Rate of pay: £8.21 per hour
The role of a Support Worker:
- Work closely with staff and tenants in promoting individual packages of care that reflect the person's chosen lifestyle.
- Participate in training opportunities, formal and informal to gain a wide understanding of tenants' needs and disabilities so as to facilitate their independence and choice.
- Support tenants in leisure, education and employment services inside and outside of the home.
- Support tenants as much as possible to undertake household chores, including planning and preparing meals, to involve tenants as much as possible in maintaining the household environment.
- To assist tenants in maintaining their personal hygiene where necessary.
- Support tenants in developing and maintaining meaningful relationships.
- Be experienced and proficient in carrying out (facilitating) all aspects of the keyworker role including Individual Planning.
- To take charge of the scheme in the absence of the Team Leader as required.
- To co-ordinate and deliver training, mentoring, coaching and development activities in the scheme under the direction of the coordinator. In particular to develop areas of expertise.
- Administer medication as required in accordance with individual needs.
- To act as a keyworker to a named individual tenant.
- Take charge of the home on a shift basis as a designated responsible person.
- Liaise with social and health care professionals in supporting tenants' needs.
- Complete written reports and notes as required as part of Heritage Care's policies and procedures.
- To take responsibility for areas of financial management for the home e.g. petty cash.
- To take responsibility for the delivery or supervision of complex support issues in the home and tenants who have special support needs.
- Under the Team Leader's guidance, take responsibility for the supervision of nominated staff in the home.
- Assist the Team Leader with the preparation of rotas.
- To support tenants accessing benefits e.g., housing benefit, income support, DLA etc.
The requirements of a Support Worker:
- A valid DBS.
- 6 months experience in this role.
- A kind and caring nature.
- Interpersonal skills.
- The ability to stay calm in challenging situations.
If you're interested in this role please apply online now or alternatively to find out more information please send your updated CV to email@example.com or call the branch on 01553 60122!