Swanstaff Swanley have a temporary vacancy up until at least December 2021 for an epilepsy trained Support Worker in Orpington.
Our client is looking for someone who are devoted to caring for children and care about making a real difference to the quality of life.
You will be on a monthly rota working the hours of 11:00-19:30 and/or 15:30-19:30 depending on the days you are available for.
Job title:Support Worker
Location:Orpington, Greater London
Rate of pay:£9.00 - £12.00 per hour
The role of a Support Worker:
- Provide a high quality of care on a 1 to 1 basis with little support
- Accurately make observations in accordance to the child’s wellbeing
- Assist as necessary ensuring the child are happy and comfortable at all times
- Administer Buccal Midazolam as well as other medication if/when needed
- Monitor seizures times
- Monitor breathing at all times
- Ensure the child is always in a safe environment
- Be able to write a short report of the observations made during the shift
The requirements of a Support Worker:
- 6 months experience as support worker with children
- Be able to work independently
- Have a passion for caring and looking after others
- Work in line with all health and safety regulations
- Excellent communication
- Have an in date epilepsy certificate as well as the administration of medication
- Be confident in administering Bucco Midazolam as well as other medication
But why join our team?
We couldn’t achieve what we do without our amazing teams. We believe in our people and want to ensure you feel appreciated and supported at every step of your journey with us. For this reason, we offer an excellent range of benefits as listed below.
- Competitive pay rates
- FREE training
- 24 hour support
- Flexible hours
- Refer a Friend Scheme-get up to £200 for referring a carer or nurse to us
If you're interested in this role please apply online now or alternatively please get in touch with Lacey Crawley!
EMPOWERING PEOPLE WITH OPPORTUNITIES
Swanstaff Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.