Swanstaff Recruitment is an award winning agency working on behalf of its prestigious client in IT solutions service sector whois currently looking for an experienced Technical Support Desk Operator. The role is full time, permanent and offering an excellent salary package.
To work as part of a technical support team that provide 24hr support to users of software and data delivery services, third party software products and internal ICT assistance when required.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- To provide general administrative support to the Technical Support team, tasks as directed by the department management
- To respond to customer enquiries regarding the installation, issues, operation and fault-finding of proprietary software, data services, third party software and digital products professionally and courteously and within specified departmental SLAs.
- To take responsibility for projects and initiatives in order to assist in the upgrade of proprietary and third-party software on board vessels. And To process Service Activations and Vessel Installations as required.
- Travel to attend vessels and/or customer premises to perform the installation, servicing or training functions on proprietary and third-party software and equipment, including weekends and overnight travel as required.
- To provide support to the Data Production team in the quality checking of prepared data
- To provide a 24x7 technical support function as part of a rota and shift pattern as defined by business requirements, including evenings, nights and weekends.
- To log all activity in the company business and/or CRM systems where applicable and to keep accurate, up-to-date records of tasks/projects.
- To work with the Technical Support Team Leader to ensure that all relevant service levels and customer requirements are met within the defined issue Response & Resolution SLAs.
- To assist in the testing of new software products and services.
- To inspect incoming Support cases in order to prioritise and manage allocation to the Technical Support team
Current working hours are as follows:
- Monday to Friday (office based): 08:00-16.00 hrs, 10:00-18.00 hrs, 14:00-22:00 hrs (home based)
- Saturday & Sunday (home based): 06:00-14:00 hrs, 14:00-22:00 hrs, 15:00-23:00 hrs.
- Frequently work on Saturday & Sunday as regular shift, taking Monday & Tuesday as days off.
The person in this role must have:
- Computer literate, ideally with a related formal qualification
- Microsoft qualification beneficial
- Exceptional customer service, communication and written skills as well as a professional, clear telephone manner.
- Experienced in technical or IT support
- Good team player and ability to be flexible as business needs dictate
- Problem solving skills and the ability to work for lengthy periods of time under own initiative
- Excellent organisation skills with meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to understand and learn the companies in house software package
- Commitment to completing tasks thoroughly and to the best of ability
- Occasional business travel to vessels and customers premises will be required from time-to-time
Successful applicants will receive benefits package, including generous pension scheme, free car park and rewarding working environment.
Apply now or call Tom Kurczab in our Dartford branch!
Looking for a tool to help you with your job search?
Download the Swanstaff APP now for all our latest vacancies, career advice and more!
EMPOWERING PEOPLE WITH OPPORTUNITIES
Swanstaff Recruitment is an equal employment company.