Controllers, Dispatchers and Coordinators! As the Summer draws to a close I am ensuring the sun still shines with an exciting and unique opportunity that I have available in the Huddersfield area.
Job Title: Transport Controller
Salary: £22,000 - £26,000 per annum
If you are looking for a role that offers a varied shift pattern, allowing you to maintain a healthy work/life balance, have 12 weeks leave per year built into your shift pattern and want to work for a company that offers unlimited benefits and progression opportunities then I need to hear from you!
As my perfect candidate you will have experience in dispatching and monitoring, whether it's Drivers, Engineers or even general service control! You will be an expert in vetting plans for errors and have excellent communication skills to keep customers updated on delays. This role requires you to think on your feet in a logical and organised manner and is definitely a busy and challenging role.
Please note, this is a varying shift pattern across a 10 week rolling rota. This is a combination between Day and Night Shifts (06.00 - 18.00, 18.00 - 06.00) across a 7 day period. You will work no more than 5 days in a row before having rest days and will be entitled to almost 3 weeks leave every 7 weeks!
The Role of a Transport Controller:
- Dispatching and controlling work using planning software
- Ensuring the driver routes are running within regulations and set schedules
- Advising customers immediately of delays in delivery and deal with any errors that may delay the route
- Maintain consistent contact with drivers to address any issues immediately
- Ensure that resources are being provided at appropriate times
- Investigate customer complaints alongside the customer service team
- Ensure that vehicles are loaded in such a manner as to remain compliant with regard to weight, vehicle stability etc.
- Assist in the implementation of the scheduled plan through liaising with the Planning Team throughout the shift
- Re-plan any dropped deliveries in order to meet customer service requirements
- Maximise communication across all departments at all times
- Record all information as required by the contracts and deliveries to ensure accurate management information
Requirements of a Transport Controller:
- Experience in a dispatching and monitoring (any industry)
- Be able to deal with a high volume of inbound and outbound calls
- Have a confident and personable telephone manner in order to liaise with people at all levels
- Have a good working knowledge of UK geography
- Have working knowledge of WinDMS
- Have access to your own transport
- Have an understanding of Driver Hours Regulations
- Hold a valid CPC or hold other transport industry qualifications - desireable
- Demonstrate a high level of attention and organisation skills
- Be IT proficient, particularly in Microsoft Office
- Educated to A Level standard or equivalent
- Have the ability to interpret data accordingly and to prioritise tasks I line with business needs
- Be flexible in working hours have the ability to cover shifts on a 24/7 operation
If you're looking for a brand new role and want to head towards 2019 with a brand new role, get in touch with Emily in our Head Office for more details!
Looking for a tool to help you with your job search? Download the Swanstaff APP now for all our latest vacancies, career advice and more!
EMPOWERING PEOPLE WITH OPPORTUNITIES
Swanstaff Recruitment is an equal employment company.