Transport Planners, Coordinators and Routers! As the weather starts to warm up allow me to heat up your job prospects with a hot new role that I have available.
If you're looking for an opportunity to enhance your experience within a vastly-expanding and hugely-successful organisation then I need to hear from you today! Perhaps you're looking to branch away from day shift work due to family commitments? I'm looking for experienced and professional Transport Planners/Coordinators to support my client on a permanent basis, working across a rolling rota of 4 on/4 off (18.00pm - 6.00am).
As my golden candidate you will have experience in planning routes for HGV Drivers covering the UK, whilst working within Tacho Laws and Driver Hours Legislation. You will be able to build strong, trusting relationships with the drivers in order to effectively dispatch them on their routes whilst maintaining consistent contact with customers and clients.
Job Title: Transport Controller (4 on/4 off, nights)
Salary: £22,000 - £24,000
The Role of a Transport Controller:
- Plan and manage drivers routes to provide full support to the transport operation
- To provide transport solutions to ensure that all customer deliveries are met
- Monitor jobs to ensure that the company are legally compliant to meet the drivers hours/ WTD regulations
- Ensure all jobs are structured to ensure fuel efficiencies for the company
- Chase back loads for the business
- Merge jobs if and where appropriate with another unit to reduce fuel costs
- Develop and maintain long term working relationships with internal and external customers Exceptional customer service delivered to and received by all contacts both external and internal Demonstrate that you pay interest to all the drivers and treat them fairly
- Provide quotes to customers and ensure close-off of jobs once completed
Requirements of a Transport Controller:
- Previous experience in planning for multi drop vehicles with an in depth knowledge of the Transport industry
- Able to understand the customer requirements and anticipate change and plan responses
- Confident and articulate
- Good geographical knowledge
- Ability to provide clear rationale on decisions made
- Able to view and understand the 'big picture' and therefore able to relate this to the team
- Strong relationship skills and ability to build strong relationship networks of internal and external people
- Strong people skills with the drive and commitment to build, lead, coach and inspire a high calibre, motivated team
- Able to assimilate and analyse information and data from a variety of sources and use this to plan effectively
- Able to make important decisions within agreed parameters and day to day decisions without referral
- PC literate with good working knowledge of MS Office packages and previous experience of working with a Transport system.
If you are looking for the next step in your career and want to continue 2019 with a brand new role, then get in touch with Emily in our Head Office. These roles will be filled quickly so get in touch today if you don't want to miss out!
EMPOWERING PEOPLE WITH OPPORTUNITIES
Swanstaff Recruitment is an equal employment company.