Controllers, Dispatchers and Coordinators! As the Summer draws to a close I am ensuring the sun still shines with an exciting and unique opportunity that I have available in the Huddersfield area.
If you are looking for a role that offers a varied shift pattern, allowing you to maintain a healthy work/life balance, have 12 weeks leave per year built into your shift pattern and want to work for a company that offers unlimited benefits and progression opportunities then I need to hear from you!
As my perfect candidate you will have experience in dispatching and monitoring, whether it's Drivers, Engineers or even general service control! You will be an expert in vetting plans for errors and have excellent communication skills to keep customers updated on delays. This role requires you to think on your feet in a logical and organised manner and is definitely a busy and challenging role.
In reward for your hard work, you will become part of a dedicated and forwarding-thinking team and will be working for one of the market-leaders in the industry.
Please note, this is a rolling shift pattern over a 12 week period offering a combination of days, nights and weekend shifts (12 hours). You will receive 2 full weeks off every 10 weeks with standard days off and floating days in-between shifts.
Job Title: Transport Controller
Salary: £22,000 - £25,000 per annum
The Role of a Transport Controller:
- To answer incoming calls from customers and progress queries accordingly
- Process customer orders and ensure they are kept up-to-date with delivery ETAs
- Provide delivery notes and invoices as requested
- Investigate shortages/excesses between physical stock and electronic records
- Deal with supplier deliveries, ensuring that these are turned around quickly
- Manage company email inbox
- Utilise Microsoft Office packages, including Excel to maintain databases and systems
- Liaise with warehouse staff to monitor goods in/out and stock control processes
- Organise workload and work towards company targets
- Work as part of a team to ensure the business is fully supported
Requirements of a Transport Controller:
- Experience in administration, preferably in a stock control/warehouse capacity
- Experience in dealing with and progressing customer orders
- Experience in working with warehouse staff and delivery drivers
- Experience in managing email inboxes is essential
- Competency using Microsoft Office packages, including Excel is essential
- Strong communication skills
- Able to prioritise own workload
- Experience within a manufacturing/production environment is preferred
If you are looking for the next step in your career and want to continue through 2019 with a brand new role, then get in touch with Emily in our Head Office. These roles will be filled quickly so get in touch today if you don't want to miss out!
Looking for a tool to help you with your job search? Download the Swanstaff APP now for all our latest vacancies, career advice and more!
EMPOWERING PEOPLE WITH OPPORTUNITIES
Swanstaff Recruitment is an equal employment company