Job Title: Transport Coordinator/Planner
Salary: £18,000 - £21,000 per annum
Planners, Administrators and Coordinators! As the sun begins to shine, allow me to heat up your job prospects with a hot new role that we have available within the transport sector!
If you are looking for a stable and challenging role then why not work for the market-leader in the industry?
If you have experience in planning, dispatching, monitoring and analysing the movement of goods or staff i.e supply chain, engineering then get in touch today!
The Role of a Transport Coordinator/Planner
- Maximise Drivers' available hours whilst staying within working time legislation
- Monitor and manage Driver performance against expectations and challenge poor practices
- Highlight to the Team Leader any productivity concerns with individuals
- Update the helpdesk team on all likely failed or late deliveries
- Monitor Driver adherence to best practice through use of vehicle tracking system
- Agree daily with the wider team priorities and changes to Driver patterns
- Coordinate with handling agents at collection points as well as customers
- Ensure communication with Drivers takes place daily to confirm workload and expected achievement timescales
- Plan Drivers to arrive for scheduled maintenance on time and in line with compliance requirements
- Monitor Driver loading achievement to ensure the full allocated load is taken on every occasion
- Route the Drivers in such a way to minimise any empty miles
Requirements of a Transport Coordinator/Planner
- Experience in a similar industry is essential
- Experience in a similar role is essential
- Understanding of Drivers Time Directive/Tacho Laws
- Used to dealing with HGV Drivers
- Flexible approach to working hours
- Great customer service skills
- Good geographical knowledge
- Use of in-house planning systems is preferred
If you're looking for a brand new role and want to head towards the summer with a brand new role, get in touch with Emily in our Head Office on 01322 479999 for more details!
Looking for a tool to help you with your job search? Download the Swanstaff APP now for all our latest vacancies, career advice and more!
EMPOWERING PEOPLE WITH OPPORTUNITIES
Swanstaff Recruitment is an equal employment company