Transport Managers! As we are quickly approaching the end of the year, I am looking to spread some festive cheer (yes, already!) with a hot new role that I have available.
I am seeking experienced and dedicated Transport Managers who are now seeking an opportunity to work for a market-leading organisation. You will be responsible for daily driver/fleet management, health and safety, business development and the overall management of transport operations.
My client are a hugely-successful, front-running organisation who are seeking a transport and logistics expert to take complete ownership of their Purfleet hub. If you are looking to move into the hazardous goods sector, then I need to hear from you today!
Job Title: Transport Manager
Salary: £35,000 - £40,000 per annum
The Role of a Transport Manager:
- Achieve world class safety and service standards through positive and proactive engagement with drivers
- Create an open environment through demonstrating behaviours in line with company values
- Deliver Resource Plans by managing the safe and cost-effective utilisation of all drivers and equipment
- Ensuring that customer service requirements are met
- Hold the Operator's Licence
- Investigate every incident promptly
- Contribute and ensure adherence to all aspects of the company SHEQ plan
- Create opportunities for staff internally
Requirements of a Transport Manager:
- Experience in a Transport Management role is essential
- Transport Manager's CPC qualification
- Experience in managing an Operator's Licence
- Flexible approach to working hours
- Experience in hazardous goods is desired
- Experience in managing large fleets of HGVs and Drivers is essential
- Excellent organisation and communication skills
- Understanding of health and safety processes
- Knowledge of transport-related HR processes
If you are looking for the next step in your career and want to work towards 2020 with a brand new role, then get in touch with Emily in our Head Office. These roles will be filled quickly so get in touch today if you don't want to miss out!
Looking for a tool to help you with your job search? Download the Swanstaff APP now for all our latest vacancies, career advice and more!
EMPOWERING PEOPLE WITH OPPORTUNITIES
Swanstaff Recruitment is an equal employment company