Transport Planners and Coordinators! As the weather begins to get warmer, allow me to heat up your job prospects with a hot new role that I have available in the Colnbrook area! If you are seeking an immediate start for a permanent, full time career opportunity then I need to hear from you today!
Job Title: Transport Planner
Salary: £26,000 per annum
As my golden candidate you will have experience in planning routes for HGV Drivers covering the UK, whilst working within Tacho Laws and Driver Hours Legislation. You will be able to build strong, trusting relationships with the drivers in order to effectively dispatch them on their routes whilst maintaining consistent contact with customers and clients.
This is a permanent, full time vacancy with early and late shifts available!
The role of a Transport Planner
- Plan and manage drivers routes to provide full support to the transport operation
- To provide transport solutions to ensure that all customer deliveries are met
- Monitor jobs to ensure that the company are legally compliant to meet the drivers hours/ WTD regulations
- Ensure all jobs are structured to ensure fuel efficiencies for the company
- Chase back loads for the business
- Merge jobs if and where appropriate with another unit to reduce fuel costs
- Develop and maintain long term working relationships with internal and external customers
- Exceptional customer service delivered to and received by all contacts both external and internal
- Demonstrate that you pay interest to all the drivers and treat them fairly
- Provide quotes to customers and ensure close-off of jobs once completed
Requirements of a Transport Planner
- Previous experience in planning for multi drop vehicles with an in depth knowledge of the Transport industry
- Able to understand the customer requirements and anticipate change and plan responses
- Confident and articulate * Good geographical knowledge
- Ability to provide clear rationale on decisions made
- Able to view and understand the 'big picture' and therefore able to relate this to the team
- Strong relationship skills and ability to build strong relationship networks of internal and external people
- Strong people skills with the drive and commitment to build, lead, coach and inspire a high calibre, motivated team
- Able to assimilate and analyse information and data from a variety of sources and use this to plan effectively
- Able to make important decisions within agreed parameters and day to day decisions without referral
- PC literate with good working knowledge of MS Office packages and previous experience of working with a Transport system.
If you're looking for a fresh challenge and want to head towards the summer with a brand new role, get in touch with Emily in our Head Office on 01322 479999 for more details!
Looking for a tool to help you with your job search? Download the Swanstaff APP now for all our latest vacancies, career advice and more!
EMPOWERING PEOPLE WITH OPPORTUNITIES
Swanstaff Recruitment is an equal employment company