Heatwave Alert! As the weather scorches, allow me to heat up your job prospects with a hot new role that I have available for a Transport Team Manager in the Slough area.
I am seeking an experienced Transport professional who prides themselves on outstanding people-management skills across HGV drivers, administration and warehouse staff. The ability to liaise with a huge variety of characters, whilst maintaining professional and trusting relationships in essential for this role. Although you will be involved in the day-to-day running of transport operations, this role is much more focussed at developing staff and progressing the business forward from within!
I need a motivational and open Transport Team Manager who has an understanding of HR processes including dismissals, disciplinary processes and appraisals. My perfect candidate will have a sound understanding of transport operations who is now keen to move into a completely people-focussed role and the confidence in themselves as a Manager to remain professional and driven, even when faced with difficult situations.
Job Title: Transport Team Manager
Salary: £25,000 - £28,000 per annum
The Role of a Transport Team Manager:
- To ensure the effective management of warehouse and transport functions
- Support Transport Planners in the routing of HGV drivers
- Monitor HR processes such as rotas, sickness and holiday requests and recruitment
- Ensure complete compliance across warehouse and transport functions (including monitoring Tacho Hours)
- Maintain communication across multiple departments
- Liaise directly with clients to drive the contracts forward and expand potential
- Manage import/export processes where required
- Manage staff effectively, striving to ensure efficient production levels
- Conduct appraisals, disciplinary processes and dismissals where required
- Assist in the development of staff
- Work with Senior Management Teams to assist in streamlining transport operations
Requirements of a Transport Team Manager:
- Operations management experience (across warehouse and transport functions)
- Previous experience in dealing with HGV drivers
- Experience in a general freight forwarding background, preferably with air and road freight knowledge is preferred
- Understanding of import/export procedures preferred
- Great people management skills
- Understanding of transport and warehouse compliance procedures and requirements
- Transport management CPC would be advantageous
- Flexible approach to working hours including early and late shifts and weekend work
- Previous experience in the direct management of staff, including drivers, warehouse and administration staff
If you are looking for the next step in your career and want to continue through the summer with a brand new role, then get in touch with Emily in our Head Office on 01322 479999. This role will be filled quickly so get in touch today if you don't want to miss out!
Looking for a tool to help you with your job search? Download the Swanstaff APP now for all our latest vacancies, career advice and more!
EMPOWERING PEOPLE WITH OPPORTUNITIES
Swanstaff Recruitment is an equal employment company