Swanstaff are currently seeking a Waste Recycling Operative our client based in Gravesend. This role will involvev advising and helping members of the public with their refuse at a waste transfer station. You may need to assist them with unloading their vehicle on some occasions. Although this is an outdoor job it is under a roof so you won't get wet but it will be cold!
This is an ongoing position for the correct person and could result in a fulltime job offer.
Hours of work are 07.45-16.45 during the week and 08.45-16.15 on a Sunday.
What does this role entail?
- Assisting members of public with the disposal of their waste within the HWRC and presenting a positive image and giving a friendly welcome to all users.
- Adhere to the council requirements for van users and other rules including logging of registration numbers.
- Sorting and moving waste streams deposited by members of the public into the appropriate location and waste stream e.g. paints.
- Moving large electrical items into the appropriate storage area.
- Escorting members of the public to the asbestos containers.
- Complying with the site license and health and safety procedures including enforcing traffic management requirements.
- Ensuring good housekeeping within the site is maintained.
- Responsible for personal safety and that of all personnel under his or her authority, including others who may be affected by the company's activities.
- Carry out assigned tasks and duties in a safe manner, in accordance with instructions, and to comply with safety rules/procedures, regulations and codes of practice.
- If aware of any unsafe practice or condition, or if in any doubt about the safety of any situation, consult their supervisor.
- Obtain and use the correct tools/equipment for the work and not to use any that are unsafe or damaged. All tools, equipment and personal protective equipment must be stored in the approved place after use.
- Ensure that all guards are securely fixed and that all safety equipment and personal protective clothing/equipment provided are used.
- To report any accident, near-miss, dangerous occurrence or dangerous condition to their line management.
- To avoid improvised arrangements and suggest safe ways of eliminating hazards.
Benefits of working for Swanstaff:
- Regular work, Monday to Sunday
- Weekly pay by BACS every Friday
- Holiday pay
- Dedicated consultant available to you every day of the week
Are you the right fit for this role?
- You must be keen to work as part of a team, presentable, hardworking, health & safety minded, have great customer service skills, be capable of understanding and instruction and be confident & clear when using walkie talkies.
- Experienced with interacting with members of the public
- Demonstrate understanding of the importance of Health & Safety
- Fork Lift Truck experience advantageous
- Previous waste experience advantageous
If you're interested in this role please apply online now or alternatively please send your updated CV to Lacey or her on 01322 614900 for more information!
Looking for a tool to help you with your job search? Download the Swanstaff APP now for all our latest vacancies, career advice and more!