Swanstaff Recruitment is an award winning agency working on behalf of its prestigious client inloanindustry.
We are looking for an exceptional individual to join thecompany as a PHP Developer on permanenet and full time basis.
As a Website Developer, your main responsibility is for the production, modification and maintenance of websites and web application's user interfaces. This involves working closely with designers, in using semantic mark-up language i.e. XTMTL/CSS, to turn their designs into working browser based web pages.
You'll also work closely with the Back-end developers and UAT team to implement and test their server-side code in order to develop complex, interactive and database driven websites.
Generally, you'll be integrating bespoke designs and requirements seamlessly into the chosen technology. Your focus will be on team goals, customer value and looking at the bigger picture.
Duties & responsibilities
- Helping to build functional requirements, technical design and implement application features
- Field questions and solve problems for user support and client services
- Participate in design and code reviews
- Integration of user-facing elements developed by the Systems Developers, with server-side logic
- Building reusable code and libraries for future use
- Optimisation of the application / database for maximum speed and scalability
- Implementation of efficient, secure and scalable software
- Build and maintain functional apps for the business
- Integrate with existing API's to enable seamless integration
- Reporting on server load and other valuable statistics
- Solve complex scalability, platform and integration problems
- Be actively involved in company projects, to ensure the Development function is activelypromoted
- Regularly updating the website with new requirements
- Minimum 2 years' full time experience in PHP development
- Must be conversant with both object orient and procedural coding
- Minimum 2 years' full time experience MySQL database design, optimisation and development (not necessarily a full DBA skillset)
- Excellent knowledge of Integration and exchange protocols (ex. XML, Soap, Json etc.) essential
- Knowledge of website security is desirable
- Basic Unix command line knowledge essential
- Experience working with GIT
- Experience working with Agile Scrum methodology desirable
- Excellent knowledge of WordPress
- Excellent knowledge of a responsive platform such as Bootstrap
- Excellent knowledge of graphics software such Adobe Cloud, Adobe Photoshop
Apply now or call Tom Kurczab in our Dartford branch!
EMPOWERING PEOPLE WITH OPPORTUNITIES
Swanstaff Recruitment is an equal employment company.