Swanstaff Recruitment are seeking a Welder Fabricator / Site Fitter to work for our established client based in King's Lynn. This is a temp to perm role. Salary is negotiable dependent on experience.
Within this role you will work from fabrication drawings to produce a variety of bespoke steel staircases & architectural metalwork within the workshop. Using industry and company knowledge to offer a focused experience.
- Work closely with other team members to exceed goals and create a positive working environment during shifts, leading by example.
- Fabrication involves laying out, cutting, fitting, measuring and welding metals to create the desired shape or object.
- Working under guidance of the Supervisors & Project Manager to ensure deadlines are met in accordance with the labour schedule.
- If and when required undertake local installations of staircases/projects.
- Help to train new team members to company standards and required job duties.
- Accountability for your own work produced. Check and re-check all work to drawings and report and non-conformities. A Welder Fabricator must constantly inspect and test welds and equipment, A Fitter must constantly inspect the fitted items before leaving site.
- Work with supervisors and management to set and evaluate stock, logistics, projects, and overall goals.
- Maintain a strong working knowledge of company products and services, and offer technical support and information to other team members when required.
- Ensure at all times your work benches are kept clean and tidy, put away tools every night and cleaning working areas.
- Take special care when lifting and installing glass panels. Damage can occur very easily, and this can be a costly mistake if this was to occur. Correct lifting methods to be always adhered to.
- Strictly adhere to all health and safety requirements within the company and on site.
- Once stages of contract are completed, prepare a Product Sign Off Sheet with all site details completed and ask Manager/Supervisor to sign off.
- Experience in MIG & TIG Welding essential
- Good organisation to ensure things run efficiently
- Knowledge of the techniques and tools required to complete jobs
- Pension Scheme
- Good Hours
- Good pay
- Working for well-established company
- Weekly pay
- This is a temporary role with the view to go permanent
If we've sparked an interest, please apply online and someone will be in touch to discuss your application.