Job Title: Yard Operative
Salary: £20,000 per annum
Yard Operatives, Warehouse Assistants and Labourers! As the weather becomes warmer, allow me to heat up your job prospects with a hot new role that we have available!
If you are an experienced and dedicated candidate with experience in the building supplies sector then I need to hear from you today! I currently have an exciting position for a Yard Operative to support my market-leading client in the day-to-day operations of a busy yard and warehouse. This role also offers long-term career progression and a chance to see multiple sides of the business, including customer service duties when required.
This role is offering Monday - Friday working hours (7.00 - 17.00) and every other Saturday (8.00 - 13.00). Immediate interviews and start dates are available so get in touch today!
- Unload, handle, transport and store materials safely and securely.
- Assist customers to load their vehicles when required.
- Assisting to prepare customers ordered as advised by the Yard Supervisor.
- Answer customer's questions and queries, or direct them to another member of staff.
- Maintain high standards of stock handling and management.
- Ensure the yard is clean, tidy and free from hazards.
- Continually promote the Company image of service and quality.
- Operate Fork Lift Trucks / lifting and moving equipment and timber cutting equipment (where applicable and after full training has been completed)
- Report all defects of Company plant and machinery immediately to the Yard Supervisor
- Full UK Driving Licence and own transport preferred due to location
- Flexible approach to working hours and able to commit to weekend work
- Experience in the building supplies sector is essential
- Experience in a trade counter, yard operative, warehouse assistant or similar role is essential
- Forklift licences preferred
- 5 year trackable employment/education history is required
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to work as part of a team is essential
- Basic computer skills required
If you are looking for the next step in your career and want to continue through the summer with a brand new role, then get in touch with Emily in our Head Office. These roles will be filled quickly so get in touch today if you don't want to miss out!
Looking for a tool to help you with your job search? Download the Swanstaff APP now for all our latest vacancies, career advice and more!
EMPOWERING PEOPLE WITH OPPORTUNITIES
Swanstaff Recruitment is an equal employment company