Swanstaff Spread Joy This Christmas
22nd December 2017
Swanstaff Recruitment teams across the UK delivered gifts and gave their time to various local causes throughout December as part of their Bundles of Joy winter appeal.
This year’s campaign focused on giving to people who may not get anything this year or causes the teams felt strongly about.
The campaign follows on from the success of Swan Socks, which collected 1000 pairs of socks for the homeless, and Christmas Crates, which saw the teams donating over 2500 items to various causes including refuges, the homeless and animal charities UK wide.
Some of the causes for Bundles of Joy included care homes which saw the Swanstaff teams creating personalised bundles for residents who do not have any family or do not often get visitors. They dropped off the bundles and spent time with the residents where possible.
Other causes they donated bundles to included
- Refuges including Colchester Emergency Night Shelter
- Various care homes and nursing homes across the UK
- Children of less fortunate families visiting the Swan Family Centres
- Support Charities including MIND, North Kent
- Homeless Charities including the Purfleet Trust
- Animal Charities including Last Hope Rescue
- Hospital units including Little Buds Neonatal Unit at Darent Valley Hospital
Stephen Rogers, CEO of Swanstaff, said “Our winter charity appeals have become an annual event at Swanstaff. We asked the staff what they would like to do this year and they chose Bundles of Joy.
Every time we run these I am blown away by the generosity of all the staff. They go out their way to help various worthy causes and embody our core values. Our teams managed to give out over 120 bundles to the elderly, homeless, premature babies, young carers, animals and other very worthy causes.”