Our one day health and safety Level 2 course provides full Health and Safety understanding for all employees, allowing them to understand their responsibilities to ensure they work in a healthy and safe environment.
Aims of this course
- Understanding the principles of health and safety and accident prevention
- Ability to contribute to any health and safety management system
- Understand the importance of risk assessment as a technique for accident and ill health prevention
- Understand the responsibilities placed on employers and employees
- Understand the hazard, risk and main causes of harm to workers (manual handling, hazardous substances, exposure to noise and vibration)
- Understand the importance of following systems, procedures and rules
- Understand how individual action can reduce risks to health and safety
- Appreciate how workplace equipment and task design affect health and safety
Specific Course Structure & Content
- Introduction to Health and Safety Law - benefits of health and safety, common workplace accidents, the health and safety at work Act, the health and safety executive, health hazards, personal protective equipment, RIDDOR 2013.
- Workplace Safety and Welfare - slips, trips and falls, electrical safety, fire safety, welfare facilities, first aid, workplace stress, drugs and alcohol, workplace violence.
- Risk Assessment - identifying hazards, deciding who may be harmed, evaluating risks, recording findings, reviewing and updating.
- Manual Handling and Ergonomics - Manual handling operations regulations, manual handling injuries and best practice, lifting, lowering, pushing and pulling, ergonomics, display screen equipment, housekeeping and safe systems of work.
- Hazardous substances and working at height - routes of entry, control measures, reducing the risks from working at height, access equipment, ladders.
- Noise, vibration and vehicle safety - employer responsibilities, noise reduction, vibration, vehicle risks, pedestrian-vehicle conflict.