Induction and Update Training for Social Care
As a provider of Social Care Training, Swanstaff are able to offer clients a full face-to-face induction training package with a choice of modules. This takes the stress out of hiring new staff and also provides the opportunity to run update training with existing staff too. We charge a day rate and can cater for up to 12 delegates per day. The course can be run at your own venue or an external venue of your choice (additional costs would apply).
Induction modules are all 3.5 hours in duration and could include any combination of the following to make up a full induction programme of your choice:
- Basic Life Support
- Health & Safety/Moving and Positioning
- Stroke Awareness
- Diabetes Awareness
- Epilepsy Awareness
- Medication Awareness
- Dementia Awareness
- Nutrition and Hydration
- Person Centred Care
- Mental Capacity Act and DoLs
- Parkinsons Awareness
- Reporting, Recording, and Confidentiality
- Safeguarding People at Risk
- Vital Observation Skills for Carers
Why should you invest in face to face training?
Face to face training has many benefits over online training including:
- Face-to-face allows your employees to put into practice new skills or methods with each other and the trainer. Also allowing for tips and improvements on techniques.
- Flexible course content - if there is something specific you want us to cover under a topic, we can accommodate this. (e.g a particular issue has arisen at your workplace that you wish to provide guidance on)
- Trainer Influence - Good trainers like the ones we have here at Swanstaff, will adapt their training to the students and build a relationship with them. They will be able make the training work for each individual and provide feedback and advice as they learn. This sort of responsive learning is simply not possible with online training.
- Peer-2-peer interaction - It is always great to discuss topics with others, often questions arise or scenarios are shared which gives more value to what is being taught and "real life" experienced provide a higher and longer lasting impact than an online course.
Our cost-effective package options mean that you could train your staff for under £17 per head per module*.
*Based on full capacity of 12 learners undertaking 2 modules on one day.