Your Role in the Warehouse
Roles within a warehouse vary and could include Product/Material Handler, Shipping and Receiving assistant, Warehouse Clerk, Forklift Driver, Loader, General Labourer, Stock Controller or Shipping Specialist. You can progress your career within the warehouse to Team Leader, Health and Safety Executive, Operations Manager, Logistics Manager or Warehouse Manager roles.
Daily Duties in the Warehouse
- Prepare and complete orders
- Process warehouse stock products
- Perform inventory controls and quality checks
- Keep a clean and safe working environment
- Abide by Manual Handling and Health and Safety guidelines/regulation
- Complete diary logs
- Report any discrepancies
- Communicate and cooperate with supervisors and coworkers
- Operate and maintain warehouse equipment
- Assist with vehicle loading
- Supervising staff and Activities within the Warehouse
- Assigning timesheets and Rotas to warehouse staff
- Training new employees
- Overseeing and being responsible for Health and Safety standards
- Management of stock and ensuring space for incoming goods
- Reviewing and adapting warehouse operations where required
- Risk Assessments
Skills and Experience for Warehouse Jobs
For many of our temporary roles at Swanstaff we do ask that you have some warehouse experience, as you may work at multiple clients and will need to go in with some knowledge, however, we do also have roles for those with no experience, these roles can be a great first-step onto the career ladder and you can progress within a company if you have the drive to do so. These are some of the key skills and personal attributes we look for in Warehouse workers
- Methodical by nature
- Keen eye for detail
- Confident Communicator
- Able to use hand held devices
- Able to read and complete paperwork
- Team Player
- Strong work ethic
- Problem Solver
- Understanding of Health and Safety procedures
- Good organisation and Time management skills
- The ability to assess Risks in real-time
Chelmsford is a City in Essex with a district population of over 175,000 people. Chelmsford gained City status in 2012, prior to this Essex was the only UK county without a city.
Chelmsford’s thriving economy includes over 17,000 businesses which create 85,000 jobs. Chelmsford contributes over £3.5 billion to the national economy and is the business hub of Essex.
What does Chelmsford have to offer?
Chelmsford has over 1.2million square feet of shopping, 1700 acres of parks and green spaces, three theatres, three sports centres and an ice rink. There are plenty of local eateries to grab some lunch and great options for after work socialising including pubs, clubs, bars, cinemas and restaurants.
£8.21 Per Hour
Are you looking to broaden your Industrial experience? Or are you looking to make some extra cash? We are here to help! We have an exciting opportunity based with our prestigious client in the Chelmsford area! Job title: Warehouse Operative Location: Chelmsford, Essex Rate of pay: £8.21 per hour The role of a Warehouse Operative: The role of a Warehouse Operative is to load & unload vehicles, pick & pack items for same day dispatch & to report any stock discrepancies. There may be some heavy lifting involved. This is a temporary role that after a successful probation period may lead to a permanent position. The requirements of a Warehouse Operative: Your own safety boots. Ability to lift heavy goods. Availability to start ASAP. Good team player attitude. Benefits of working for Swanstaff: Regular work, Monday to Sunday. Weekly pay by BACS every Friday. Holiday pay. Dedicated consultant available to you every day of the week. Pension accruals. Refer a Friends scheme. Temp of the Month scheme. Swanstaff Ambassador scheme. If you're interested in this role please apply online now or alternatively please send your updated CV to email@example.com and call the team on 01245 266888 for more information! Looking for a tool to help you with your job search? Download the Swanstaff APP now for all our latest vacancies, career advice and more! EMPOWERING PEOPLE WITH OPPORTUNITIES Swanstaff Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.