Your Role in the Warehouse
Roles within a warehouse vary and could include Product/Material Handler, Shipping and Receiving assistant, Warehouse Clerk, Forklift Driver, Loader, General Labourer, Stock Controller or Shipping Specialist. You can progress your career within the warehouse to Team Leader, Health and Safety Executive, Operations Manager, Logistics Manager or Warehouse Manager roles.
Daily Duties in the Warehouse
- Prepare and complete orders
- Process warehouse stock products
- Perform inventory controls and quality checks
- Keep a clean and safe working environment
- Abide by Manual Handling and Health and Safety guidelines/regulation
- Complete diary logs
- Report any discrepancies
- Communicate and cooperate with supervisors and coworkers
- Operate and maintain warehouse equipment
- Assist with vehicle loading
- Supervising staff and Activities within the Warehouse
- Assigning timesheets and Rotas to warehouse staff
- Training new employees
- Overseeing and being responsible for Health and Safety standards
- Management of stock and ensuring space for incoming goods
- Reviewing and adapting warehouse operations where required
- Risk Assessments
Skills and Experience for Warehouse Jobs
For many of our temporary roles at Swanstaff we do ask that you have some warehouse experience, as you may work at multiple clients and will need to go in with some knowledge, however, we do also have roles for those with no experience, these roles can be a great first-step onto the career ladder and you can progress within a company if you have the drive to do so. These are some of the key skills and personal attributes we look for in Warehouse workers
- Methodical by nature
- Keen eye for detail
- Confident Communicator
- Able to use hand held devices
- Able to read and complete paperwork
- Team Player
- Strong work ethic
- Problem Solver
- Understanding of Health and Safety procedures
- Good organisation and Time management skills
- The ability to assess Risks in real-time
Enfield is ideally situated close to transport infrastructure which provides easy access to markets in London, the UK and Europe. Enfield's proximity to the M25 provides road access to every major city and business centre in the UK. There are five international airports, serving every major world destination, all within one hour by car. The borough is home to over 12,300 businesses providing almost 132,000 jobs.
Enfield is home to 20 industrial estates which provide jobs within some of the UK's flagship food manufacturers including Coca-cola Enterprises, Arla Foods, Greggs and Warburtons. Other key sectors providing employment in the area include Health and Social Work, Administration and Support Services and Education.
With over 6,000 acres of green space, including parks, golf courses and farms, Enfield is a unique London location. It has a rural feel, yet still offers all the advantages of a borough in the capital.
£8.21 Per Hour
Swanstaff Waltham Cross is looking for experienced Warehouse Operatives to join the team of our client based within a 10-minute walk of Brimsdown Train Station. Our client supplies linen, bedding and curtains nationwide. You will be working Monday to Friday 8am to 5pm, finishing an hour early at 4pm on Fridays. Job title: Warehouse Operative Location: Enfield Rate of pay: £8.21 per hour The role of a Warehouse Operative: Working from a manual pick sheet, using a trolley to transport products around the warehouse. Warehouse is across 3 levels, you will need to be efficient and accurate with orders. Pick orders and send them to 'Goods Out' department. Working in a calm, but busy, environment. Requirements of a Warehouse Operative: You must have worked within a warehouse for a minimum of a year within the last 2 years. You must have your own safety boots. If you're interested in this role please apply online now or alternatively please send your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and call Jade on 01992 641987 for more information!