Your Role in the Warehouse
Roles within a warehouse vary and could include Product/Material Handler, Shipping and Receiving assistant, Warehouse Clerk, Forklift Driver, Loader, General Labourer, Stock Controller or Shipping Specialist. You can progress your career within the warehouse to Team Leader, Health and Safety Executive, Operations Manager, Logistics Manager or Warehouse Manager roles.
Daily Duties in the Warehouse
- Prepare and complete orders
- Process warehouse stock products
- Perform inventory controls and quality checks
- Keep a clean and safe working environment
- Abide by Manual Handling and Health and Safety guidelines/regulation
- Complete diary logs
- Report any discrepancies
- Communicate and cooperate with supervisors and coworkers
- Operate and maintain warehouse equipment
- Assist with vehicle loading
- Supervising staff and Activities within the Warehouse
- Assigning timesheets and Rotas to warehouse staff
- Training new employees
- Overseeing and being responsible for Health and Safety standards
- Management of stock and ensuring space for incoming goods
- Reviewing and adapting warehouse operations where required
- Risk Assessments
Skills and Experience for Warehouse Jobs
For many of our temporary roles at Swanstaff we do ask that you have some warehouse experience, as you may work at multiple clients and will need to go in with some knowledge, however, we do also have roles for those with no experience, these roles can be a great first-step onto the career ladder and you can progress within a company if you have the drive to do so. These are some of the key skills and personal attributes we look for in Warehouse workers
- Methodical by nature
- Keen eye for detail
- Confident Communicator
- Able to use hand held devices
- Able to read and complete paperwork
- Team Player
- Strong work ethic
- Problem Solver
- Understanding of Health and Safety procedures
- Good organisation and Time management skills
- The ability to assess Risks in real-time
Long known as Britain's Gateway to Europe, with over 70,000 registered businesses, Kent offers a great place to find work - with an unemployment rate of 2.4% - lower than the national average.
The county of Kent has a population of over 155 Million people, with towns including Dartford, Swanley, Maidstone, Sevenoaks, Ashford and Folkestone all having great transport links to London and the coast.
The county has a lot to offer it's residents and visitors, with miles of open countryside, quaint coastal towns and lifestyle destinations such as Bluewater Shopping Centre. You don't get a much better way to relax in your downtime than sitting in a Kentish pub garden with the sun shining down on you, enjoying the fresh countryside air that the garden of England offers.
£9.25 - 10.24 Per Hour
Are you an experienced counterbalance forklift driver seeking your next job? Are you flexible with working hours? If yes, please keep reading! We are seeking reliable and experienced forklift drivers to work for our client based in Dartford. Initially, this role is temporary ad hoc work but you never know what can happen... Plus we have other regular roles, too! Working hours can be day or night shifts so you need to be flexible! Job title: Forklift Driver Location: Dartford Rate of pay: £9.25 - £10.24 per hour The role of a Forklift Driver: Loading/unloading deliveries using the forklift General warehouse duties The ideal candidate must have: A valid counterbalance licence At least 1 years' sold experience of operating a forklift Reliable worker and flexible with different hours Available for temporary ad-hoc work Benefits: First point of call for all other relevant vacancies at Swanstaff Competitive pay 'Refer A Friend' scheme - earn cash rewards! Work available ASAP If you're interested in this role please apply online now or alternatively please send your updated CV to email@example.com and call Demi on 01322 474655 for more information.