Your Role in the Warehouse
Roles within a warehouse vary and could include Product/Material Handler, Shipping and Receiving assistant, Warehouse Clerk, Forklift Driver, Loader, General Labourer, Stock Controller or Shipping Specialist. You can progress your career within the warehouse to Team Leader, Health and Safety Executive, Operations Manager, Logistics Manager or Warehouse Manager roles.
Daily Duties in the Warehouse
- Prepare and complete orders
- Process warehouse stock products
- Perform inventory controls and quality checks
- Keep a clean and safe working environment
- Abide by Manual Handling and Health and Safety guidelines/regulation
- Complete diary logs
- Report any discrepancies
- Communicate and cooperate with supervisors and coworkers
- Operate and maintain warehouse equipment
- Assist with vehicle loading
- Supervising staff and Activities within the Warehouse
- Assigning timesheets and Rotas to warehouse staff
- Training new employees
- Overseeing and being responsible for Health and Safety standards
- Management of stock and ensuring space for incoming goods
- Reviewing and adapting warehouse operations where required
- Risk Assessments
Skills and Experience for Warehouse Jobs
For many of our temporary roles at Swanstaff we do ask that you have some warehouse experience, as you may work at multiple clients and will need to go in with some knowledge, however, we do also have roles for those with no experience, these roles can be a great first-step onto the career ladder and you can progress within a company if you have the drive to do so. These are some of the key skills and personal attributes we look for in Warehouse workers
- Methodical by nature
- Keen eye for detail
- Confident Communicator
- Able to use hand held devices
- Able to read and complete paperwork
- Team Player
- Strong work ethic
- Problem Solver
- Understanding of Health and Safety procedures
- Good organisation and Time management skills
- The ability to assess Risks in real-time
Swanstaff Recruitment is a Recruitment Agency in Waltham Cross providing Healthcare Jobs, Driving Jobs and Industrial Jobs in Waltham Cross. We recruit for temporary and permanent roles within these sectors and also have some office and commercial roles available.
Waltham Cross is a suburban former village and now a town in the south of the Borough of Broxbourne in Hertfordshire 12 miles (20 km) north by north-east of Charing Cross in central London. It is in the metropolitan area of London, the Greater London Urban Area. The town is known for having one of three surviving medieval Eleanor Crosses (out of 12 originals) in the town centre. The small town is close to the larger towns of Cheshunt, Enfield and Waltham Abbey.
Two local overground train stations provide connectivity to central London links to Liverpool Street, Seven Sisters, Stratford and Victoria, the town sits in Zone 7 for fares.
Conveyor Line Operative
£8.21 Per Hour
Swanstaff Waltham Cross is looking for experienced Warehouse Operatives to join our client working on the Conveyor Line department. Our client supplies fresh fruit and vegetables all over the UK to wholesaler and catering customers. Your working hours will be Sunday to Friday 2pm to Midnight. Job title: Conveyor Line Operative Location: Waltham Cross Rate of pay: £8.21 per hour The role of a Conveyor Line Operative: You will be required to pick fresh produce into the cases along the Conveyor Line. You must work efficiently and accurately to ensure that all cases are packed smoothly. You will be required to ensure that the warehouse is clean and tidy upon finishing your shift. The requirements of a Conveyor Line Operative: You must be able to work the above working hours. You need to have worked within a warehouse recently for at least 1 year. You must be able to work efficiently and accurately. If you're interested in this role please apply online now or alternatively please send your updated CV to email@example.com and call Jade Bilsland on 01992 641987 for more information!